WHAT IS A HOST?
The role of an Impact Hub Host is to support our growing community by connecting with individual members, listening and sharing tools and resources they need to grow their businesses and to reach their goals. The Hosting Team actively supports the staff by assisting with day-to-day management of the space, giving tours to potential new members, and identifying educational, inspirational and networking opportunities to share with the community.
Because Hosts are the nexus of the community and an extension of the staff team, we expect them to treat the role with the same dependability and professionalism as you would another valued position. Prospective Hosts should carefully consider their personal schedules before applying. We expect hosts to complete the duration of the 4-month cohort because full participation is vital to the health and smooth operation of our community. Hosts take full ownership of their scheduled shifts and, we offer ‘on-call’ system to assist with out-of-town requests and sick days. We expect hosts to be on-time and engaged for the duration of their shifts.
Hosts help to create a positive, welcoming environment – knowing members and their businesses by name, making them feel welcome, special, connected and armed with the resources they need to operate in a focused, productive work environment!
A team of 12 individual hosts each commit eight hours/week to support the Impact Hub community. The number one job of a host during your shift is to provide a positive, welcoming environment for our members and guests, which includes helping the staff to manage the space itself, and connecting with members.
At least two Hosts are on duty at any time between 8am and 5pm, Monday through Friday. Hosts share responsibilities and work as a supportive team to reach goals. Hosts will not be required to work on weekends.
- Four-month time commitment (February 16-June 15, 2018)
- Two shifts per week
- Shift times are 8am – 12:40pm and 12:20 – 5pm Monday through Friday
- You can work back-to-back shifts if you prefer to work one full day.
TRAINING / ORIENTATION
Hosts are required to attend two orientation days during the cohort, and monthly lunches and tech training throughout the cohort. We will work together as a team to find the best days and times for the cohort to meet.
- Opening the space for members in the morning, or closing the space in the evening;
- Greet everyone who comes into the space with a warm and welcoming attitude;
- Ensuring members are caffeinated by making coffee throughout the day, setting out snacks;
- Keeping the space tidy and in working order (running/emptying the dishwasher);
- Introduce yourself to and learn about the members around you so you can connect them to each other;
- Answer questions from members and guests about Impact Hub and how the space works;
- Provide tours to potential members and guests;
- Help manage inventory and distribution of supplies;
- Assist members and public clients with their conference room reservations;
- Help out at the Front Desk as requested during the day.
- Support the “Impact Collaborators” program – a monthly event for members.
Hosts will have a daily checklist, specific to the shift, that will guide them throughout the day and report directly to the Community Manager.
For one, four-month commitment as a Host, you’ll receive:
- An unlimited coworking membership (access to our building 24/7) for six months, valued at $2,070 ($345/month);
- Access to Full-Time member pricing on all conference rooms and event spaces throughout the duration of their membership;
- Curated, thoughtful introductions to the movers and shakers in the Seattle social enterprise community when requested;
- References from core team members to put on your resume going forward;
- Access to support groups and networking opportunities within the Impact Hub membership for finding careers and jobs that you’ll love.
ARE YOU OUR NEXT HOST?
Hosts come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. They are observant, dependable, socially-conscious, logistically detail-oriented, resourceful, tech-savvy or have an interest in exploring new and useful tools, feel comfortable in fast-paced environments, and enjoy engaging with new and different people. As a Host, you should instinctively understand the immeasurable value of building relationships, both for your personal and professional path.
Successful Hosts understand that what you put into this experience is what you will get out of it! Becoming an Impact Hub host is great for people who are new to Seattle and want to plug into a community of changemakers. If you’re in-between careers and want to connect with a variety of different startup companies and social change organizations all at once, this opportunity is for you. If you need a space to build your next project and want to contribute to the community while you do it, this role is designed with you in mind.
APPLY for SPRING 2018 before February 1
Ready to apply for one of our Host positions? Our next cohort begins in February 16, 2018 and ends on June 15, 2018. Please fill out this application. No phone call questions, please. Thank you for your support of our mission!