Episode Length: 1:13:12
In this episode:
- Hear from two of Impact Hub Seattle’s co-founders on how they created a space for like-minded people to collaborate and share ideas on how to make the world a better place.
- See how important it is to build your network and maintain those relationships.
- Is it possible to invest for profit, people, and planet?
- Hear about the meeting where Impact Hub Seattle received their first investments.
- The co-founders discuss Startup “SocEnt” Weekend, the first big event for Impact Hub Seattle.
- Brian dives into some of the hard lessons he learned while making Impact Hub Seattle a reality.
- Find out the reasons why Pioneer Square was the perfect location to build this community.
Video with Brian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It3xzbq-h44
Article on Impact Hub: http://depts.washington.edu/foster/the-who-what-why-and-howe-of-hub-seattle/
Links: Format Health : https://formathealth.com/
Social Capital Markets: http://socialcapitalmarkets.net/
Social Venture Partners: http://www.socialventurepartners.org/seattle/
This episode was recorded, engineered and produced in-house at Impact Hub Seattle.
- Produced by Jonnie Wilder, Zipbangwow Productions – jonnie[at]zipbangwow.com
- Music by Natalia Fandel, Community Manager – Natalia[at]impacthubseattle.com
- Hosted by Sarah Studer, Managing Director of Impact Hub – Sarah[at]impacthubseattle.com
- Show notes by Benjamin Bell – ben[at]impacthubseattle.com
- Recorded onsite in the Hangout Room, 5-person conference room available to rent!