Impact Hub Seattle is a 45,000 square foot campus that inspires, educates, and convenes a network of more than 650 people and 40 businesses and organizations dedicated to ecological, social, and personal renewal. As part of this mission, we are actively seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented full-time Event Manager to help us manage and grow our events line of business. We offer a variety of meeting and event spaces that can suit a variety of client needs and a successful candidate will assist us with hosting an inspiring and creative range of events that are highly relevant to the activities of our community.
The Event Manager’s primary responsibility is to facilitate the needs of our clients through their logistical preparations and delivery process of the events. The EM will work directly with and report to the Business Development Manager and will work closely with the finance and community hosting teams when appropriate.
A more detailed description of duties is as follows:
- Contribute to the development and execution of Impact Hub sponsored events that provide content relevant to the Impact Hub membership and the mission of the organization.
- Ensure the delivery of high quality event experiences for all clients holding events at Impact Hub.
- Work closely with the Business Development Manager to ensure that all events sales pipeline is managed effectively and that event sales targets are met.
- Process online event reservation requests from inquiry to booking
- Ensure clients have signed relevant contracts and are following terms and conditions correctly.
- Maintain client communication and follow-up after sale/contract has been established.
- Manage pre-event walk through, AV and equipment details, confirm banquet and liquor licenses, etc.
- Follow the organizations’ agreed events processes as well as recommending improvements.
- Work with community hosting team to communicate to members about events that may affect their daily routines;
- Provide superior customer service to clients.
- Oversee the preparation for, running of and closing down of events and provide day-of staffing as needed;
- Manage a pool of freelance employees (“delivery team”) who will provide event assistance as necessary.
- Following up with clients and collecting feedback
- … and a whole bunch of fun/stressful things we can’t predict.
You need to enjoy a challenge, solving puzzles and have a “let’s make it work” attitude. Providing great customer service is your highest priority. We will rely on you to provide hands-on solutions to everyday tasks and challenges. You will need to be an energetic and passionate individual who isn’t afraid of a challenge and who connects with the mission and strategic vision of Impact Hub Seattle and the broader global network of 101 Impact Hubs located around the world.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Cloud-based applications.
- Strong planning and project management skills with the demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience planning and executing events.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with a strong attention to detail and aptitude for follow-up.
- Superior communication skills – in-person, email and phone.
- Positive, friendly attitude.
- Comfortable working as part of a small team with ambitious goals.
DETAILS + COMPENSATION:
This is a Full-Time salaried position. Some evening/weekend work may be required. $40,000 – 42,500 (depending on experience and performance) with potential team-based performance bonus. This position is eligible to receive the following benefits:
- ORCA transportation pass
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
- One week of vacation between Christmas and New Years Day
Please send your resume to email@example.com. We will accept applications on a rolling basis and expect to select a candidate over the next few weeks. After your initial application, expect to hear from us within one week whether you’re invited for an interview. We intend to conduct at least two interviews with various members of our team before making a final offer.